It’s Bike Week 2011
News published 10th June 2011
Bike week has now become a national all island event. Happening from the 18th to the 26th of June a host of activities are being organised across the Country.
Offaly is no different! Activities are being organised across the County to get people on their bike and home safe!
Bike Week 2011 is a cross-community effort to highlight cycling as a fun, cost effective and healthy way to travel. Offaly County Council, Offaly Sports Partnership, An Taisce and the Health Service Executive are coming together to host a fantastic week of cycling events that will attract all families and young people. These initiatives are being done in conjunction with Wolftrap Cycling Club, Birr and Tullamore Cycling Club who have given their professional expertise to these family friendly events. Activities include:
- Wednesday, 15th June – official launch of Bikeweek 2011 in Offaly.
- Wednesday, 22nd June – An Taisce Green Schools – Cycle on Wednesday. St. Brendan’s National School, Birr and Ballybryan National School, Rhode.
- Saturday, 25th June – 10km Family fun cycle/Inclusive Cycling. The event will include tandem cycling or visually impaired and hand cycling for people with physical disabilities. International cyclists will be attending the event.
- Participants in all events will be entered into a draw at the end of the week to win a new bike!
- For your full Offaly event guide go to www.bikeweek.ie or www.offaly.ie
All these events are free and people are encouraged to try at least one event.
If people have any questions on events being organised please contact Eamonn Henry on 057 93 57459 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Edel Boyd on 057 9357457 or email@example.com. All participants are reminded that they must have a helmet to participate in any events being organised for Bikeweek.
If you or your club would like to organise an event for Bikeweek please contact Eamonn / Edel on the above details.
Return to list