a multi-sectoral subcommittee of Offaly County Council
core funded by Sport Ireland
Sport Ireland - Women in Sport Week 2023
Women in Sport (WIS) week is taking place March 6th– 12th.
The aim of Women in Sport Week is to:
- Celebrate every women and girl who plays, coaches, officiates, volunteers, works in and leads out on Women in Sport.
- Promote and highlight the ongoing work of Sport Ireland, NGBs, LSPs and other stakeholders and clubs under the topic of Women in Sport.
- Highlight some of the programmes/initiatives funded by Sport Ireland Women in Sport Programme.
Sport Ireland’s vision for women in sport is one where women have an equal opportunity to achieve their full potential, while enjoying a lifelong involvement in sport.
Check out the schedule of Sport Ireland events below. You can also check out the websites and social media channels of the various National Governing Bodies and Local Sports Partnerships to see what they have planned for the action packed week!
This year's themes for Women in Sport Week are as follows:
- Monday 6th - High Performance
- Tuesday 7th - Coaching & Officiating
- Wednesday 8th - International Women's Day
- Thursday 9th - Leadership & Governance
- Friday 10th - Active Participation
- Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th - Visibility & Events