a multi-sectoral subcommittee of Offaly County Council
core funded by Sport Ireland
Get Ireland Walking is a national initiative that aims to maximise the number of people participating in walking - for health, wellbeing and fitness - throughout Ireland.
Get Ireland Walking aims to: -
- Unify and enable the efforts of all recreational, sporting and health promotion agencies and associations interested in promoting walking
- Increase awareness and encourage widespread participation in walking
- Identify and support all existing walking groups
- Support the development of new walking groups
- Encourage and inspire those that wish to be independent walkers to do so
- Promote the benefits of walking
Get Ireland Walking is an initiative of the Sport Ireland, funded by Healthy Ireland, supported by Mountaineering Ireland, Irish Heart, HSE Health Promotion and Improvement, Age and Opportunity, Gaelic Athletic Association, Ireland Active, Arthritis Ireland and others.
For more information on Get Ireland Walking, visit the website