The Be Active ASAP aims to improve the physical activity patterns of primary school children by introducing them to a wide variety of activities in a fun, supportive, positive environment, fostering positive attitudes toward physical activity during children’s crucial formative years.
The Be Active ASAP: -
- Takes place after school on school grounds offering a safe, familiar, convenient setting for an age-appropriate introduction to after-school physical activity.
- Designed for 7-8 year olds, an age at which children begin to make decisions regarding their likes / dislikes or abilities regarding physical activity.
- Led by trained teacher leaders as they have the knowledge to adjust activities to challenge children appropriately, irrespective of ability.
- Involves parents in their children’s physical activity to improve the adult:child ratio, to support the teacher and to set a good example for the children.
- Gives children the chance to succeed as this programme concentrates on building confidence across a broad range of activities echoing the Physical Education Curriculum for Primary Schools experienced by children during the school day.
For more information on the Be Active ASAP, visit the website