Cllr Robert Mc Dermott, Chair Offaly Sports Partnership, this week launched the 2023 Club Development Grant Scheme for sports clubs based in Offaly who are affiliated to a National Governing Body of Sport recognised by Sport Ireland.
This year’s scheme is also open for applications from local community organisations whose function(s) includes the delivery of sport and / or physical activity programmes for the benefit of the wider community.
This club development grant scheme is designed to support: -
- the delivery of local programmes to increase or sustain club membership
- the delivery of initiatives designed to increase the participation of underrepresented groups in sport
- the purchase of non-personal training equipment to support return to sport programmes and / or the establishment of new sections within existing clubs / sporting organisation
- new clubs with initial start-up costs (e.g. affiliation, insurance, equipment, venue hire, etc.)
- mid to long term club planning
In launching the scheme Councillor Mc Dermott said,
“Offaly Sports Partnership is delighted to launch our 2023 club development grant for sports clubs in Co Offaly. While the Sports Partnership’s funding is limited, we would nonetheless encourage clubs to apply”
Clubs are advised to contact Offaly Sports Partnership: -
for further information on this scheme. Please note: -
- applications can only be accepted from Offaly based affiliates of a National Governing Body of Sport recognised by Sport Ireland; or local community organisations whose function(s) includes the delivery of sport and / or physical activity programmes for the benefit of the wider community
- only one application can be submitted per club / organisation; and the application must adhere to a minimum of one of the five objectives of the grant scheme
- funding applications must be submitted by 12pm on Friday, 30th June via the application form link as noted here, https://submit.link/1Qn
- the maximum level of grant assistance per successful application will be €1,500